The Certified ScrumMaster Course is a two-day course which introduces the concepts of Agile project leadership using the Scrum methodology. This course will teach students how to plan and run Sprint Planning Meetings, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and more.
The course format consists of multiple lecture topics, group exercises and group discussion. Ample time will be devoted to analysis of the “real-world” industry experiences of the ScrumMaster Course instructor based on case study examples and his experience managing Agile projects and coaching Scrum teams.
At the end of this course, successful participants will be eligible to take the Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster exam, a multiple choice online test that starts you on your journey to a successful transformation. Additionally, you will receive a complimentary one year membership to the Scrum Alliance, which provides you discounts to Scrum Gatherings, allows you access to member-only content such as past Gathering videos, and more.
The Scrum Field Guide
For a limited time, attendees of the Certified ScrumMaster class will recieve a free copy of Mitch Lacey's book, The Scrum Field Guide: Agile Advice for Your First Year.
- Overview of Agile - Gain a deep understanding of how the Agile Manifesto came about, when and when not to use agile methods and what it means to be an agile team.
- Roles in Scrum - What is the job of the ScrumMaster? How about the Product Owner and the Team? Learn deep insights into these roles and how they work collaboratively together.
- The Impacts of Multitasking - We take a journey through the world of multitasking to really understand the negative impacts it brings to teams.
- The Product Backlog - The Product Backlog is the key to any successful Scrum team. We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Sprinting - In this part of the course, we dive deep into the components of a well assembled Sprint Backlog, what it really means to be done, abnormal terminations and how to decide on Sprint length.
- Release Planning - Release planning is a core component of good project management. This does not change with Scrum. We will explore how to build a release plan and estimate when the work will be delivered.
- Scaling Scrum to the Enterprise - Not all teams are in the same office, let alone the same building. We will look at how companies have successfully scaled Scrum to work in the enterprise.
Who Should Attend
The course target is software development teams, including program and project managers, analysts, developers, testers, team leads and managers or someone looking to adopt Scrum or learn more about it. People from a wide range of industries have attended this course as it covers the core fundamentals of Scrum and agile development. it is not uncommon to have people from financial companies sitting next to people who work in healthcare, telecom or government.
Regardless of your industry or role at your company, you will leave this course with a solid understanding and knowledge on the values and principles that Scrum and agile convey, as well as how to run an effective Scrum team. The course contains a wide range of interactive exercises and group discussion, giving you the tools necessary for success on your first sprint.
Professional Development Units (PDU's)
Mitch Lacey & Associates is a PMI Registered Educational Provider (provider ID 3383). This course provides 15 PDU's that may be applied towards most PMI certifications, including two of the most common:
- PMP: Project Management Professional (link to PMI PMP continuing education handbook)
- ACP: Agile Certified Practitioner (link to PMI PMP continuing education handbook)
PDU records management is the responsibility of the credential holder. Please refer to the handbook for your certification to determine the credential PDU requirements.
This Course Includes
We strive to deliver the highest quality learning experience in the industry. To accomplish this, we offer the following for this course:
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified ScrumMaster exam, leading to Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster recognition
- Light morning breakfast, mid morning snacks and coffee, lunch, afternoon snacks and a variety of assorted beverages
- One year membership to the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A hard copy of the course materials
Our family run business is 90% referral based, so quality is very important. We are proud to offer a no-questions-asked full money back guarantee. Simply contact us within 30 days of your training completion date for a full refund of your course registration fee, no questions asked.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
Sometimes things come up, we understand that. If you need to cancel your course, you have two options
- If the course start time is 14 days or more, you may apply your course registration fee towards another upcoming class for use within one year of the original class date. If we do not offer another course in that time, a full refund will be given minus any applicable fees.
- You may request a full refund if it is within 14 days of course start date
For cancellations that are within the 14-day start time of the course and a full refund is requested, a $200 fee will be applied to partially cover committed expenses.
|Jan 7 – 8||Certified ScrumMaster||Bellevue, WA||$ 995||Register|
|Jan 14 – 15||Certified ScrumMaster||Copenhagen, Denmark||kr. 12500||Register|
|Mar 11 – 12||Certified ScrumMaster||Vienna, Austria||€ 1300||Register|