Certified Scrum Product Owner
The Certified Scrum Product Owner Course is a two-day course which introduces the concepts of agile product management using the Scrum methodology. Why does this matter? The 2003 Standish Chaos study showed that 43% of all IT projects had a cost overrun. Further, 52% of all projects failed to meet objectives, 66% failed and 82% were delivered late. It’s no wonder our customers are unhappy! This course will provide you the tools, techniques and most importantly, the understanding needed to be an effective Scrum Product Owner.
This course is highly interactive. Students will learn tried & true methods for building, managing and prioritizing the Product Backlog and ways to build a product roadmap for release planning. Some of the techniques will seem a bit odd, but trust us, they work. Exercises in this class contain Innovation Games, by Luke Hohmann. These are some of the best techniques on the planet for helping customers determine what they mean and ensuring you build what they mean, not what they ask for.
At the end of this course, successful participants will be Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owners as well as receive a complimentary two year membership to the Scrum Alliance, which provides you discounts to Scrum Gatherings, allows you access to member-only content such as past Gathering videos, and more.
- Overview of Scrum - We will review the Scrum framework, expanding on all elements of the framework.
- The Product Backlog - The Product Backlog is the key to any successful Scrum team. We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Stocking the Product Backlog - What elements make a good Product Backlog? What do we do with our users, and how do we handle technical stories? We go deep with ways to build a great product backlog to ensure a successful project.
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog - Having a prioritized Product Backlog is key if the team is to ensure their project is not in the 52% of projects that fail objectives. We will look at steps that can be used to ensure a prioritized backlog.
- Product Owner Responsibilities & Traits - Who can be Product Owner? Is it the Product or Project manager? We will expand on what the role of the Product Owner is and elements of great Product Owners worldwide.
- Release Planning & Management - Knowing when things should be done is key. Knowing how to figure this out is essential to a successful project. We explore estimation units and the various levels of planning used in agile projects.
Who Should Attend
The course target is people who will interact with customers and stakeholders on a regular basis. This may include program and project managers, analysts, developers, testers, team leads and managers. While this course has a short overview on Scrum, it's primary focus is not a general Scrum overview.
People from a wide range of industries have attended this course as it covers the core fundamentals of Scrum and agile development. it is not uncommon to have people from financial companies sitting next to people who work in healthcare, telecom or government.
Regardless of your industry or role at your company, you will leave this course with a solid understanding and knowledge on the values and principles that Scrum and agile convey, as well as how to run an effective Scrum team. The course contains a wide range of interactive exercises and group discussion, giving you the tools necessary for success on your first sprint.
Professional Development Units (PDU's)
Mitch Lacey & Associates is a PMI Registered Educational Provider (provider ID 3383). This course provides 15 PDU's that may be applied towards most PMI certifications, including two of the most common:
- PMP: Project Management Professional (link to PMI PMP continuing education handbook)
- ACP: Agile Certified Practitioner (link to PMI PMP continuing education handbook)
PDU records management is the responsibility of the credential holder. Please refer to the handbook for your certification to determine the credential PDU requirements.
This Course Includes
We strive to deliver the highest quality learning experience in the industry. To accomplish this, we offer the following for this course:
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification
- Light morning breakfast, mid morning snacks and coffee, lunch, afternoon snacks and a varitey of assorted beverages
- Two year membership to the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A hard copy of the course materials
Our family run business is 90% referral based, so quality is very important. We are proud to offer a no-questions-asked full money back guarantee. Simply contact us within 30 days of your training completion date for a full refund of your course registration fee, no questions asked.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
Sometimes things come up, we understand that. If you need to cancel your course, you have two options
- If the course start time is 14 days or more, you may apply your course registration fee towards another upcoming class for use within one year of the original class date. If we do not offer another course in that time, a full refund will be given minus any applicable fees.
- You may request a full refund if it is within 14 days of course start date
For cancellations that are within the 14-day start time of the course and a full refund is requested, a $200 fee will be applied to partially cover committed expenses.
|Oct 8 – 9||Certified Scrum Product Owner||Copenhagen, Denmark||kr. 12500||Register|