Virtual Certified Scrum Product Owner
Our Virtual Certified Scrum Product Owner Course introduces the concepts of agile product management using the Scrum methodology. This course will provide you the tools, techniques, and most importantly, the understanding needed to be an effective Scrum Product Owner.
Daily Live Class Attendance
During these sessions, there will be live discussions and group exercises facilitated by your instructor via Zoom. Zoom is an easy to use online meeting and video conferencing software and you’ll receive full instructions about how to join your online class after you register.
Daily Self-Study about ~3 Hour of Videos
Before each live class, you will receive some videos to watch for that specific class. You will need to watch those videos before you attend the live class so you are prepared to discuss them.
The course format consists of multiple lecture topics, group exercises, and group discussion. Ample time will be devoted to the analysis of the “real-world” industry experiences of the ScrumMaster Course instructor based on case study examples and his experience managing Agile projects and coaching Scrum teams.
CSPO Exam Fee and Scrum Alliance Membership Included
At the end of this course, successful participants will be eligible to take the Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster exam, a multiple-choice online test that starts you on your journey to a successful transformation. Additionally, you will receive a complimentary two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance, which provides you discounts to Scrum Gatherings, allows you access to member-only content such as past Gathering videos, and more.
This course is highly interactive. Students will learn tried & true methods for building, managing, and prioritizing the Product Backlog and ways to build a product roadmap for release planning. Some of the techniques will seem a bit odd, but trust us, they work. Exercises in this class contain Innovation Games, by Luke Hohmann. These are some of the best techniques on the planet for helping customers determine what they mean and ensuring you build what they mean, not what they ask for.
At the end of this course, successful participants will be Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owners as well as receive a complimentary two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance, which provides you discounts to Scrum Gatherings, allows you access to member-only content such as past Gathering videos, and more.
- Overview of Scrum - We will review the Scrum framework, expanding on all elements of the framework.
- The Product Backlog - The Product Backlog is the key to any successful Scrum team. We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it, and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Stocking the Product Backlog - What elements make a good Product Backlog? What do we do with our users, and how do we handle technical stories? We go deep with ways to build a great product backlog to ensure a successful project.
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog - Having a prioritized Product Backlog is key if the team is to ensure their project is not in the 52% of projects that fail objectives. We will look at steps that can be used to ensure a prioritized backlog.
- Product Owner Responsibilities & Traits - Who can be Product Owner? Is it the Product or Project manager? We will expand on what the role of the Product Owner is and elements of great Product Owners worldwide.
- Release Planning & Management - Knowing when things should be done is key. Knowing how to figure this out is essential to a successful project. We explore estimation units and the various levels of planning used in agile projects.